Lawn Care Forum banner

help my decision...Quick 36" super duty or toro T-bar 36" belt drive

2K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  BUCKEYE MOWING 
#1 ·
I cant make up my mind,i like the price of the quick but am worried about getting the parts and service when needed,the toro is about a G more and is belt driven but i like the T-bar option...:dizzy: im going crazy...any help would be appreciated.

#2 ·
It's simple....your just starting right ?? save the money and start with a Quick 36 or 44...parts are such a non issue....I have two and use them daily on all types of properties. If something breaks on your engine...all dealers can work on a kaw. or briggs ...and if it's a BOP part ...it will be at your door QUICKLY .....If you can change your own oil ...you can pretty much tear apart a quick and rebuild it within an hour or so...most fixes on common wear items will take less than 15 min. to repair. IMHO....but its your choice to make.

#3 ·
I would not worry about getting the parts and service for the Q36..I spoke to several people who have had Quicks for several years now and they receive any parts needed-next day shipping, for service they will take you through any maint step-by-step. I currently have one on order now....if you do decide to get one their are only a few '07's left at the year end sale price and according to Gary with BOP the regular prices are going up 5% in '08 (check BOP website for details)....hope this helps......I can't speek on the other models but the quality and price of Quick($1000 cheaper than competitors) speaks for it's self.:drinkup:....HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! TO ALL:drinkup:

#4 ·
If your properties are open, I would get the T-bar, they are very quick. If you have tight places, with lots of ins and outs, I would opt for the Q36. You may see if you can talk to Jameson, he has both machines and could give you a better contrast. My T-bars are great on hills, I've heard that the Q36 is tricky to traverse hills with...IDK. Instant reverse would be a big plus.

If you get the T-bar, let me know, I have a few custom improvements I like to make to them that make them more productive.

Good luck.

#5 ·
Buckeye and Big C do you guys work for Quick? Im curious because you both really seem to advertise alot for them,im not being smart im just wondering.To be honest i just got off the phone with tommy at BOP and he is holding a Quick 36 Super duty for me right now,they have only 1 more left other then mine and just 2 superfox's left at the discounted price and the 08's are going to be 2599.my finger is on the trigger!!!!! Deep breath

#7 ·
Buckeye and Big C do you guys work for Quick? Im curious because you both really seem to advertise alot for them,im not being smart im just wondering.To be honest i just got off the phone with tommy at BOP and he is holding a Quick 36 Super duty for me right now,they have only 1 more left other then mine and just 2 superfox's left at the discounted price and the 08's are going to be 2599.my finger is on the trigger!!!!! Deep breath
I would steer clear of the briggs, if you get a Quick 36, get the Kawi. It may cost you a few hundred more, but you'll be glad in 2 yrs.

#8 ·
No I do not work for them. But in this day and age when you find a company with a quality product at a fair price with some of the best people you could ever hope to deal with..You support their cause. I truly believe that this is a company that will continue to grow in the industry and one that you need to look into as far as your equipment purchases.

#10 ·
No I do not work for them. But in this day and age when you find a company with a quality product at a fair price with some of the best people you could ever hope to deal with..You support their cause. I truly believe that this is a company that will continue to grow in the industry and one that you need to look into as far as your equipment purchases.
I do understand that,and what do you think of the briggs on the super duty?

#11 ·
I do understand that,and what do you think of the briggs on the super duty?
I think its a great engine....I like the Kaw KAI myself.....extra horses and just a better engine IMHO.

#13 ·
I know it is always tempting to snag a good deal, but sometimes higher quality in the long run ends up being the better value.

A Briggs is an OK engine, it just doesn't hold up to daily commercial use as well as the Kawasaki, it doesn't have as much power either, in thick wet spring growth this makes a difference. If you wait and get a 2008 model with the 16 Kawi, it will cost you a few hundred more, but, you will have a better machine. If you run this for ten years, or even 5, it will really more than pay for itself with less down time, more power and lower maintenance costs.

When I bought my first T-bar, I opted for the Kohler, it was a few hundred $ less. I've been kicking myself for 7 years now! The machine is on its second Kohler and I would have actually been ahead $$ wise with the Kawi, not to mention had fewer problems and quieter, smoother operation from the twin cylinder Kawi.:hammerhead::hammerhead:

Don't rush into something because of a good deal. If you want to pull the trigger on a Q36, that's great, but get the best one you can, the one that will keep you in business for the next 5-10 yrs.

#15 ·
well after getting off of the phone with Tommy from Bop just now i have decided to buy the superduty with the briggs motor,he made alot of good points including...#1 Briggs has been in business for ever and their quality has come a long way. #2..14.5 hp is more then enough for that mower and only 1.5 less then the kawi....#3 saves me almost $700 with the discounted 07 which i could use for another piece of equipment and since just starting out i need every penny i can get right now...#4... and since everyone says that bop are really good honest people ill have to believe Tommy when he says "to be honest with you" we have had more complaints and problems with the samurais engines then we have with the superduty's...#5 my dealer that i bought all of my other equipment from is a briggs certified dealer and has told me that they dont like dealing with kawi when it comes to warranty work or parts because they say kawi always blames the operator and dont want to ever admit equipment failure....anyway if it gets to the point that i love the mower and hate the engine i can always re sell it and upgrade down the road but for now i can use that 700.00....I cant believe i just bought a quick 36!! thanks for all the help guys!!

#16 ·
I wouldnt hesitate buying the Briggs, especially the ELS series. They might even be built better than a Kaw.

As far as the Q36 vs Toro, I'd go w/a Q36. If you have properties that need a fast mower get yourself a larger size mower w/a velke in additition to the Q36.

The Q36 has been my primary mower during my first year in business. Put about 200 hours on it and never broke anything, except for a belt because my dumb ass buddy tried to hit 12" grass at full speed :rolleyes:
I would not worry at all about parts or breaking the Q36

#18 ·
I wouldnt hesitate buying the Briggs, especially the ELS series. They might even be built better than a Kaw.

As far as the Q36 vs Toro, I'd go w/a Q36. If you have properties that need a fast mower get yourself a larger size mower w/a velke in additition to the Q36.

The Q36 has been my primary mower during my first year in business. Put about 200 hours on it and never broke anything, except for a belt because my dumb ass buddy tried to hit 12" grass at full speed :rolleyes:
I would not worry at all about parts or breaking the Q36
i have a brand new 60" exmark lazer z already also.

#20 ·
BIG W...How many accounts do you have ?

#22 ·
This is going to be my first season ever so as of right now only a few lined up,i am hoping my advertising will get me jump started.Any ideas for me?
Cool..Good Luck. I was just wondering when you said you had a new Lazer Z and a Quick 36 ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.