help my decision...Quick 36" super duty or toro T-bar 36" belt drive

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bigw, Dec 31, 2007.

1. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

I cant make up my mind,i like the price of the quick but am worried about getting the parts and service when needed,the toro is about a G more and is belt driven but i like the T-bar option...:dizzy: im going crazy...any help would be appreciated.

2. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

It's simple....your just starting right ?? save the money and start with a Quick 36 or 44...parts are such a non issue....I have two and use them daily on all types of properties. If something breaks on your engine...all dealers can work on a kaw. or briggs ...and if it's a BOP part ...it will be at your door QUICKLY .....If you can change your own oil ...you can pretty much tear apart a quick and rebuild it within an hour or so...most fixes on common wear items will take less than 15 min. to repair. IMHO....but its your choice to make.

3. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

I would not worry about getting the parts and service for the Q36..I spoke to several people who have had Quicks for several years now and they receive any parts needed-next day shipping, for service they will take you through any maint step-by-step. I currently have one on order now....if you do decide to get one their are only a few '07's left at the year end sale price and according to Gary with BOP the regular prices are going up 5% in '08 (check BOP website for details)....hope this helps......I can't speek on the other models but the quality and price of Quick($1000 cheaper than competitors) speaks for it's self.:drinkup:....HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! TO ALL:drinkup:

4. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

If your properties are open, I would get the T-bar, they are very quick. If you have tight places, with lots of ins and outs, I would opt for the Q36. You may see if you can talk to Jameson, he has both machines and could give you a better contrast. My T-bars are great on hills, I've heard that the Q36 is tricky to traverse hills with...IDK. Instant reverse would be a big plus.

If you get the T-bar, let me know, I have a few custom improvements I like to make to them that make them more productive.

Good luck.

5. bigw

Buckeye and Big C do you guys work for Quick? Im curious because you both really seem to advertise alot for them,im not being smart im just wondering.To be honest i just got off the phone with tommy at BOP and he is holding a Quick 36 Super duty for me right now,they have only 1 more left other then mine and just 2 superfox's left at the discounted price and the 08's are going to be 2599.my finger is on the trigger!!!!! Deep breath

6. bigw

update they just sold the last superduty and now just have 2 super fox's..well they do have mine on hold yet,its scary with never even seeing one before you know.

7. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

I would steer clear of the briggs, if you get a Quick 36, get the Kawi. It may cost you a few hundred more, but you'll be glad in 2 yrs.

8. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

No I do not work for them. But in this day and age when you find a company with a quality product at a fair price with some of the best people you could ever hope to deal with..You support their cause. I truly believe that this is a company that will continue to grow in the industry and one that you need to look into as far as your equipment purchases.

9. bigw

are you kidding me??? they only have the super duty whicj only comes with the briggs 14.5,they dont have any samuris left with the kawi's

10. bigw

I do understand that,and what do you think of the briggs on the super duty?