help... need a decent used engine quick!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bruno_rs, Jun 18, 2010.

1. bruno_rs

bruno_rs LawnSite Member

hey all,

just blew my fh601v... huge hole in the block! does anyone have a good used 19-25 hp kawi for sale? if not does anyone know the best place to look? i just missed out on a 25 hp on craigslist.

looking forward to hearing from you all. oh yeah... i DON'T have the coin right now for a new engine, so less it's a REALLY good deal, please don't make that suggestion. thanks, hope all is well with everybody.

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, well...

Unfortunately I think you're in about as deep as you think you is,
    and I'm sorry to see you in that type of predicament but if you want a cheap
    replacement then get a cheap replacement, however I can't say I recommend
    you go around asking that you be gifted a champagne quality engine on a beer
    budget, because it ain't my fault you blew the darn thing.

Check out Briggs and Stratton's line, also consider coming down a horse or two (in the POWER department).

3. ShooterK2

ShooterK2 LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to hear of your misfortune! Just curious: how many hours did your engine have on it?

4. scagman52

scagman52 LawnSite Senior Member

Your better off buying a new one. They are only $1500.00

5. swandrie

swandrie LawnSite Member

I got a kolher 25hp with 1000 hours i'll sell for 600

6. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

try surpluscenter.com they sell mostly hydraulic parts, but also have engines and are pretty cheap, I think they even have warranties on them too.

7. mwh350

mwh350 LawnSite Member

Jacks small engines did me a solid a few years back

8. bruno_rs

bruno_rs LawnSite Member

hey swandie, where did you find the engine? any/all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

thought i found a great deal... fh721v for 750 however it came off a lesco with a pto... not electric start... shaft too short and not tapped for a bolt.

hope all is well looking forward to hearing from you.

**** another guy asked how many hours where on it... approximately 1200... oh well****