Lawn Care Forum banner

HELP! need a decision to make

4K views 16 replies 3 participants last post by  TopQualityLawnCare 
#1 ·
okay so here is the deal ive got to decide between a 2000 john deere 757 with 1100 hours or a 2006 exmark with 1800 hours on mower and 600 on motor both need nothing and are ready to mow need a mower for this upcoming season but just cant decide which one would be best the john deere the motor hasent been replaced ill post the links and sorry if this is in the wrong section i coudnt find a right section to put it in

john deere has 60 inch deck and exmark has 61"

#2 ·
Well exmark doesnt make a 61" deck so its actually a 60" aswell. Any other info on these mowers? Motor size on each, year manufactured? Without a whole lot of information, I would go with the deere. It most likely has the 7 Iron deck which is great, and it has less hours than the exmark.

#5 ·
#11 ·
So it being rebuild doesn't really matter? The other one hasent been used commercially just been mowing one yard which is a plus and is always maintained I was just thinking since this one has a rebuild it would last longer
Posted via Mobile Device

#12 ·
So it being rebuild doesn't really matter? The other one hasent been used commercially just been mowing one yard which is a plus and is always maintained I was just thinking since this one has a rebuild it would last longer
Posted via Mobile Device
Well from the pictures, it was rebuilt do to lack of Maintanece, not because they engine was old. The entire back of the engine protection cage is off, and it just looks to be not very well taken care of. You can get 1800hrs out of a mower easily before a rebuild on the engine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.