1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

help need in pruning 3 large oak trees

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by The Masters Touch, Jun 6, 2004.

1. The Masters Touch

The Masters Touch LawnSite Member

I live in southeast Texas and have 3 very large oak trees I want pruned. I am planning on hiring someone to prune them but was wandering when the best time to prune an oak here in southeast Texas is. The trees haven't been pruned in a long time if at all and a lot of dead limbs are present in the trees and in many parts some of the limbs hang as low as 5 feet from the ground. I was wandering what the average price would be to prune the large oaks and to haul the limbs away? Also correct me if I am wrong, I hear using spray to close the wounds can be more harmful than good is this true? And to use a 10% bleach on the saw blade to disinfect the blade from transmitting deceases to the tree? Any other oak pruning tips would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.