1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Help! Need pictures of Islands.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SodFather, Mar 11, 2001.

1. SodFather

SodFather LawnSite Member

I need some pictures of some Landscaped islands. A customer wants me to give her some ideas, but I don't have any pictures to show her. If any body can help me out I would really appreciate it very much...THANKS...
  2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Try to eliminate the turf in these areas and sell them on the idea of mulched beds. They can then decide what they want to go between the trees(most have them). I would recommend some type of low growing evergreen(laurel or euyonymous). You could then plant several rows of daylillies along the curbline, keeping the bed uniform.

If its in their budget you might consider Begonias as an option. This would give you the service for planting prior to summer and removal each fall.

Hope this helps.

[Edited by kutnkru on 03-11-2001 at 05:39 AM]
  3. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

no pics here, but if its shady go witha dogwood, beuatiful tree, some kind of gound cover (flowers) to match it, and flowering shrubs, she'll love you to death, because it adds color and people will drive by and just stair at her house and friends of hers will just pay her with wow your new landscape is just "wow"
  4. SodFather

SodFather LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply's. I can picture how it will look but I need some visual aids to help the customer. If anyone knows of a web site where they would have pictures it would really help.
  5. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I have a few pictures that have some landscaped Islands. Are there anything there that can help you? Click my little red house and the Lawn Pictures to see what I have. I have one lawn that they had to of spent over 100,000 this past summer, on new landscaping. It just got finished last fall, so I will get some pictures of this one this summer. It turned out nice.
  6. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

id get some if they werent under 2 feet of snow!