Help! Need quick change from bag to no-bag.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DeepDivot, Oct 26, 2000.

1. DeepDivot

DeepDivot LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

I apologize for not being a commercial mower, but I do mow about 6-7 acres (live on a farm). About 1/2 acre is zoysia, rest is buffalo, bermuda, fescue, weeds, etc. The zoysia has to be bagged and mowed as short as possible. The rest can be mowed anywhere from 2" on up. With about 40 trees, I'm looking for a ZTR. Ideally, it would switch from bagging to non-bagging quickly, plus changing mowing heights must be fairly quick. Any suggestions?

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Exmark. Switches in about 10 seconds. No exageration.

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Yep, Exmark with ultra vac system. Very quick and easy for both bagging and height adjustment.

4. T.C.O.B.

T.C.O.B. LawnSite Member
    from Zone 9

Dixie Chopper, Exmark, or Walker!

5. BUSHMASTER

BUSHMASTER LawnSite Senior Member

out of these models walker has a finishing cut for the zoyzia, and you can keep the back door open to discharge out the real, i guess it would depend on whats more important, the zoyzia or the time spnet on the other grass.
    by the way the other models have a fast ground speed than the walker 7mph with a pullt kit.

6. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

You can also change your Walker into a side discharge. I bought a $7.00 metal stove pipe elbow at the local hardware store. I lift up the grass bin and put the stove pipe over the chute opening, then just rest the grass catcher on top of the stove pipe elbow. Be careful though! Things can fly out fast...use some common sense and you can save the $1200.00 for a seperate deck.

I find that blowing the grass out the side spreads it better than just mowing with the back open.