Help! Need to buy edger!

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by SW Landscape Maintenance, Apr 7, 2007.

1. SW Landscape Maintenance

SW Landscape Maintenance LawnSite Member

Need your advice. Going to buy an edger.

What name brand do I buy?

What about blades?

Cost per foot? 15 cents? 25 cents?

Have a client with 274 ft and he wants it done every 3-4 weeks . He had a black & decker with wheels but he's not in good health. I would like to purchase my own edger .

2. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I have a edger thats like brand new for sale... I used it for about 2 months. It comes with extra blades and a new belt. It is a Bholens and it edges great. Looking to get 150.00 again its like brand new, I paid well over 200.00 for it.

3. ooo

ooo LawnSite Member

Go with the ones that are narrowest, they are easier to maneuver. Power Trim edgers are nice, and that Tanaka looks nice. You can get some new for $300 or so, but they are bulky and will end up collecting dust in back of garage.

4. Birdjr

Birdjr LawnSite Senior Member
    from nnj

we have 2 little wonder push edgers we hardly use them anymore since we bought a stick edger, which is so much faster to use.

5. packer101

packer101 LawnSite Member

we just use our shindawa weed wackers upsidedown everyweek... it keeps them nice all the time

6. turfcobob

turfcobob LawnSite Senior Member

what are you going to edge? Grass from sidewalks, flower beds, tree rings or what. there are cheap edgers for clipping grass back from paving and there are edgers for cutting dirt along beds and they are very differnt critters. A grass clipper does not do dirt and a dirt cutter does not do grass.