Help -- Need to Make a Quick Mower Decision!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RB, Feb 27, 2001.

1. RB

RB LawnSite Senior Member

Exmark Lazer HP 48", 21hp Kaw, Ultra Vac; or
    Scag Turf Tiger Cub 48", 21 hp Kaw, Scap vacuum unit.

the exmark is $6,700 plus $1,100 for the ultra vac, and
    the Scag is $6,000 plus $1,200 for their vac (similar to the ultra vac)

I really the like the Scag, but a have a lot of Exmark equipment. Does anyone have a scag Turf tiger cub, and does anyone have anything good or bad to say about the Scag?

Help please. Need to decide by tomorrow.

Thanx.
    Ron

2. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

Just which ever dealer you think will be there for you
    as the machines are both good.

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Speaking from current experience, the dealer support is major. I would get the exmark for lower. Thats a little high in my opinion.

4. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

You said you have alot of Exmark equipment, so why switch?
    If you are happy with Exmark products, stay with them.

5. MIDSOUTH

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

either ones a good machine, get the one that has the better dealer service!!

6. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

I have a friend who has been in this business for over 24yrs and the Scag equipment is all he will use. And he has had good luck with them.Last yr he showed me a turf-tiger that was 2yrs old with over 4000hrs he has around 200lawns. And he runs the tire out of them. They are good machines if you keep up on the preventive maintaince most brands are. Marks Mowing Service

7. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

What.s he do when the tire run.s out of them? RE-TIRE?

One word fer the question akser.

You wanted a quicky.

Say this real fast now ya hear.

CHOPPA.

Now grass hoppa, you know the secret to long and bountiful life, misuse this information and you will suffer greatly.

Apply this information to your daily life and you have many productive mowing seasons.

Say it one mo time.

Shout it outloud to get the full effect.

CHOPPA (aka, Dixe Chopper) speed that is-mowing grass- haulin a...........woops

8. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

If you have all exmark now-I would stay with them if they have been good to you,I like to keep the same equipment for parts reasons,and simplicity in repairs.Try to get them to meet you 1/2 way with the price difference between the scag,if it means losing the sale they might do it.Good luck.

9. noah

noah LawnSite Member

Just wanted to make sure I was reading your prices right. $6000 for the 48"scag with a 21hp. That sounds awesome, the dealers around here wanted to charge me $7199 for the rider and $1600 for the bag. You just sved me a whole lot of money. Thank-you