1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Help! Needed ASAP on a bid..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by littleredwagon, Jan 15, 2008.

1. littleredwagon

littleredwagon LawnSite Member

So here's the deal. I had the owner of a HOA come to me and ask for a bid on regular yearly maintenance on his entire community. It's an 'estates' community, so none of them mow their own boulevard. Basically we'll be mowing about 8,000sqft. twice a month for Sept. - Apr., and four times a month May-Aug.

There are also about 2,000sqft. of beds that need to be weeded, every mow. I will be applying Caseron to these beds, as preventative maintenance. I pay both of my workers $15/hour.

I'm obviously looking to make money on this, but there is a lot of competition on this one, and I REALLY want to get it. The 8,000sqft. is pretty spread out as it is all on boulevard strips, except for two 1,000sqft. detention areas.

Any other info needed, let me know.:canadaflag::usflag::hammerhead:
  2. Nature's Pro

Nature's Pro LawnSite Member

If you are not looking to make any money on this account than why bid it. Is it a good location for future business or what? Also preen is the best for preventative maintenance from our experiance.
  3. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

If you want it - go after it. Bid it strong. No your cost, estimated travel time b/t boulvard area, etc. Maybe on a job like this - offer your guys x amount no matter what the time. Sure - first time will take the longest but after that let them go. Contract labor!