HELP needed on brakes for a tthp

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by IntegrityGuy, Mar 11, 2009.

1. IntegrityGuy

IntegrityGuy LawnSite Senior Member

I went to the dealer the other day and asked to have brakes installed on a 2004 exmark turf tracer hp. They said they stopped making them for that year. I really really need a set of breaks and I went and looked at the turf tracer hp floor madel and it looks exactly the same. The floor model has breaks on it too and i was wondering if i bought the 08 breaks if it would fit my 2004?
    Any help or suggestions?

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

See if you can look the parts up online.
    Ebay, too.

And they probably are the same, a lot of parts from my '97 Toro cross to my '05, but not all!

Might have to spend some quality time with that there friend, Google.

3. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

after market parts? i agree with topsites also, look online.

4. SperaLandscaping

SperaLandscaping LawnSite Member

I cant believe that they can stop making parts for a machine when it is only 4-5 years old.

5. 91202

91202 LawnSite Member

Just received my newest Landscaper Pro cat. today and in there they list after market parts. On page 171, 4 listing down is; Brake band (set)-for 6" brake drum, 8" OD. Fits many mowers and lists Exmark mid-size 36"-61" decks, $28.87, part #292210. Don't know if this will help. Good luck.
    www.landscaperpro.com or 1-800-222-4303

6. IntegrityGuy

IntegrityGuy LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the info but it wont work on mine. Im looking for the bar that just pushes on your tire.