help needed over here

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ron Greenwood Jr, Nov 25, 2003.

1. Ron Greenwood Jr

Ron Greenwood Jr LawnSite Member
    from IL

This is my situation I am looking to do some really good fliers and tri folds next year.

I know there has been discussions on people stealing photos and saying it is there work. But I would like to put some really good photos on these you know, top of the line strips and all.

I did not have striping kits on my mowers last year but I want this to be my niche for the coming year, hardly no one uses them here. Bottom line I need some really good photo's. If some one were to share some with me I will not claim the work to be mine simply just put them on the advertisement. No I am not a scrub and I do have quality equipment and do quality work. Thank you:drinkup:

2. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

So you don't use striping kits now but you want to for next year. You want us to give you pictures of our lawns so you can use them.. Saying your not going to claim them as your own work is bull because anybody that sees the pictures will think they are your own..

What if we post all of these pictures for you to use and then you get hired because of our pictures but you can't reproduce the same quality that we can??? Just a thought

3. DieselDeere

DieselDeere LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

What brand(s) of mowers do you own?

4. Ron Greenwood Jr

from IL

I thought this would happen first off I am not going to drive to ny to get a job. I run exmark. nevermind thanks anyway.

5. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Why don't you give this guy a break.

He's trying to be legitimate by asking for the use of our photos instead of going behind someones back and just using what he finds on this site.

We shouldn't be bitchin about people stealing our photos if when a individual asks us legitimatly for the use of photos we run them down for that too.

I understand you point about when the customer sees the photos they might assume that the work was done by him, but what if he adds a disclaimer to the bottom the the brochure in small print quoting the source of the photo's. Then his brochures look professional and you get the recognition.

I love to see my work getting recognition, and I wouldn't have a problem letting him use any of my photos.

6. qualitylandscaping

I'm not trying to be mean about this just stating the facts..

Even if you put a disclaimer at the bottom of the advertisement, the customer will wonder "well why can't they take pictures of their own work?"

The best way to advertise is to buy a camera and take pictures of your work, because its your best opportunity to show off YOUR own work to a potential customer.

7. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

Hey Quality check this out then since you have a problem.

Think that the Whopper at Burger King looks the way it does in the commercial? How about that Big Mac, or the new taco from Taco Bell? Or that great turkey in the Butterball commercials? The fact is that all advertising on TV is doctored up to put on the best possible face. This guy is no different. If we did stripping down here I would send him pics.

Oh and if any of you deer hunt have I got news for you. I have been on TV shows before and we actually reshoot us clicking the safety off on every single hunt. Among other things. So let him have the pics.

8. Ron Greenwood Jr

from IL

Yes I have some pretty nice properties, but the price of full color advertisments in the thousands can cost alot just wanted to find the best that I could.:cry: :gunsfirin lol

9. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Quallitylandscaping,

I agree with you about the fact that using your own pics are the best way to show off your own work to a customer.

But not all properties are worth taking pictures of, the lawn may be immaculate but the porch might be falling off the house, not quite the picture you want on your brochures.

A nice brochure is all about being eye catching. You need to grab the attention of the reader before the piece of literatre gets thrown away.

If your at the grocery store and there are two magazines side by side and one has a picture of Cindy Crawford in a two piece the and the other magaizne has a picture of Janet Reno, which one are you going to pick up and read.

It's all about the eye candy, making it flashy.
    Ron G. probably has plenty of pictures of Janet reno that he could use but one or two of Cindy Crawford would deffinatly jazz up his brochure.

I have to say that I admire the fact that Ron come on the forum and asked for the use of our pics, I think he knew he was setting himself up for a lot of bashing and it took alot of kahonees.

Send me an email Ron and i'll send you some pics.

10. qualitylandscaping

I'm still not trying to upset anyone.. I have a ton of pictures you are more than welcome to use.. It just creates a sense of pride when you use your own pictures, thats all..:cool2: