help???? Never done before...

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Trim Creations, May 16, 2004.

1. Trim Creations

Trim Creations LawnSite Member
    from Ks

15 year old house with a walk out that is built in the ground instead of the house being raised up. so it has a concrete wall that is 24 by 45, 8 foot deep and it is leaning vary bad so they want it riped out and redone, I have suggested putting in a reataing wall and terraceing it out 4 leavels. MY ??? is has anybody done a tear out of this size, and what to charege for the tear out . I have some resource , And Iam getting bids to have it removed would you sub it or have the home owner take care of it. Any advice would help thanks.

2. AustinCharles

AustinCharles LawnSite Member

I would think that you would have to dig the other side out so that the when th old wall fell the dirt would not collapse.

I would think that it might be dangerous to do if it is leaning that bad.

3. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Rent a backhoe for a day, you tear down/load and sub out the hauling away. Have wall completely down before hauling to start.

If your not comfortable running a backhoe, then sub out completely. You need to oversee though.............IMO

Luck to you......