HELP! Old problem new year

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jimbo, Apr 18, 2003.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I need to vent a little and ask for your help.

Its a new year and it seems I have more gated yards than ever before. I could get some props done in half the time with the right mower, but I cant seem to find the right one for the job. This morning I got up and said it time to go buy a new 36" Hydro WB mower. However that being said there is one prop that has a 32" gate. I would never buy a 32" mower because of the limited use it would see, but I started thinking how nice it would be to get a mower with a flip up dck or a partial flip up deck. Great Dane has one and its called the Gateway. The mower is 37.75 in the up position, and 52" when down. Anyone aware of the quality?

Any other mowers out there that I am missing? It seems like everyone is thinking the same thing but not many are to the production stage and I NEED A MOWER NOW. I cant go another year like this.

Please help.

P.S. Not looking for the flex deck. I want something that is already assembled and ready to operate.

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

How Wide Is The NEW Walkwer WALKBEHINED? You Can take the decks Off that One.
    Happy easter John.

3. affprop

affprop LawnSite Member

I have heard other Lcos talk about this before, Is it possible to make the gateway wider so you dont have to go buy another mower? or is it just not able to be opened up. Maybe you could talk to the home owner and just get the gateway to be wider. If it is physically possible. Just a thought.

4. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks John,

I will check Walker, but I dont think it works on the same principle. Taking the deck off would be time consuming, but maybe it works differently than I think?

As far as widening the gate. Many homes the gate is on the edge of a property line and cant be moved. Even if it were not on a property line I would never ask a customer to widen a gate for my mower. They would tell me to go fly a kite. Why would they spend money to save me time?

Thanks
    Jimbo

And Happy Easter to you as well.

5. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

Do what I do give them a price for the gate being 36" and the price for a wider gate. I had a couple of customers switch gates to save on the extra money. Most customers under stand that it is more time consuming to a landscaper if the gate is smaller there for they paid for it. They also appreciate it that they can save money if they widen the gate. You too will appreciate it. The extra moneys not worth it to me to bring a 36" mower. Maybe its just me. Travis