Help on a bid thats kind of different

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawnworks, May 7, 2001.

1. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I need to give a bid on a soccer field complex. I think it would take about 13 hrs for all of it one week and about 8-9 hours for the fields another week, BUT I am using their John Deere reel mower, their John Deer bush hog, and their Stihl FS120. It is a lot of responsibilty considering the fields may need to be cut twice a week. I could train some employees to do it, but it still alot to worry about. Also I don't like usnig their equipment. That reel mower is a delicate piece of machinery. I am used to my chopper that is built like a tank. What would yall charge per man hour? I was thinking about $25 an hour? Does this sound right? Remember there is no expense. What would yall do?

2. If thay have irrigation and it will be steady income I say go for it!!!
  3. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

$25 n hour with no overhead cost .....sign me up ;->
  4. cp

cp LawnSite Senior Member

Check to see what libilities are involved. And if it straight and 25.00 clear GO FOR IT...
  5. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

I would take $20 for no expenses......take you regular price and subtract out what you would pay for running your equipment. there's your price
  6. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

Spell out who is in charge of maintaining and repairing the equipment. Also, who is to pay for damage, parts...

I did some commercial work years ago, using a large tractor that the Co. owned. All was fine until the machine started burning oil, and eventually used as much oil as gas. It was down for 4 weeks, and I had to cut a very large piece of property with a 36" WB.
  7. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Their equipment ...
    Their covering operating expenses ...
    I would think that $25 an hour should more than cover your insurance policy and still let you bring home the bacon.

Thats whats I's do :)