Help on a Bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Powell Skid Steer & Landscaping, Apr 24, 2004.

1. Powell Skid Steer & Landscaping

Powell Skid Steer & Landscaping LawnSite Member

Please help, New to this Forum. I need help on a bid for 30 acres for a school district in S.W. Indiana. Mowing and Triming. Baseball Diamond and Fencing around Some areas. I know by reading some forums cost of labor seems to be around one dollar per minute. Need to know what kind of time frame it will take to mow this property. Ztr John Deere 454. John Deere Utility Tractor with 6 foot finish mower. Thank you for any replies.

2. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

24 hours per month

3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I mow 5 schools in MN. 30 acres, is that the whole school area? Or the area of turf? I've got one that size, with a 60" Ferris and a 12' Bush Hog Tri-Deck we can mow it, trim it in about 3-4 hours, depending on if I have to double cut one ballfield that's primarily lowland.

I have mine on a set bid for the year, whether it's dry or not I get paid.

The 3-4 hours is me running the Ferris and then trimming the fencing, which is about an hour to hour and a half, depending on where I run out of gas / trimmer line, which, like usual, is the farthest possible point from the truck.

With the 6' finish mower, I'd say you're probably looking about 5 hours.

4. Powell Skid Steer & Landscaping

Powell Skid Steer & Landscaping LawnSite Member

Area of Turf.. Thank you for your reply.