help on a estimate

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by J & J Mowing, Jan 19, 2003.

1. J & J Mowing

J & J Mowing LawnSite Member
    from KS

:blob3: I am about to bid on a baseball complex that will take 2 guys and myself about 6 hours to mow. This will be a weekly job. Any suggestions on how much. I would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.

2. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Thats $167 a man hour.

I'm thinking $900 per cut.

4. LP

LP LawnSite Member

How many acres is the complex, how much time mowing v-s trimming and how many bids are they taking. Is this a city job, the reason im asking is on most all gov. jobs low bid wins! Feel free to e-mail me we cut 37 acres last year of ball park complexes and parks!

5. 2 man crew

2 man crew LawnSite Senior Member

What will you be cutting with?

If you have large mowers I would say $1150 per cut.

6. matitude

matitude LawnSite Member

I agree with Bob, 900 sounds about right. That would get you 50/hr. Dont do it unless you can make money.

7. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I would say you guys are all really high...I am not sure how your market is but here in south east michigan any estimate over 500 per cut would probably get thrown in the trash. Exoecially if you are going to be doing extras like shrubs, mulch, weeding ect.....just my 2 cents

Hey Matitude where are you located in michigan?

8. boohoo

boohoo Banned
    from USA

Simple........you tell us what your break even price is on this job after factoring in all fixed and variable costs etc. There is no holy grail of pricing but half the guys here (with no offense) seem to be working for $10 an hour if they were honest with themselves about thier balance sheet. Unfortunately your wallet never lies so if it is empty at years end it is what it is.

9. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Amen BooHoo...I swear the more I read posts in this site the lower the prices keep going...some of these "business owners" might do better working at the Mall....

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

ROTFLMAO...good one:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: