help on a flatbed truck!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by HartselleLawnEnforcement, Jun 30, 2011.

1. HartselleLawnEnforcement

HartselleLawnEnforcement LawnSite Member

Please tell me I'm not the only one that thinks the color is hideous.. :laugh:

IMG_20110701_152213.jpg

IMG_20110701_152231.jpg

IMG_20110701_152213.jpg

IMG_20110701_152231.jpg

2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Its not my first choice of color but its free. Looks like a great deal for you just get it running good and a stick is easy to learn how to drive.

3. Field King

Field King LawnSite Senior Member

tow it to Indy and I will give you $500 for the truck:dancing: wish my neighbor had one?

4. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

great truck, being a diesel is even better. worse case scenario drop a crate engine in there and you still have a great deal on a hard working truck.

5. HartselleLawnEnforcement

Hahaha, you wish! :laugh:

But anyway, my mechanic guy took it for a ride; it smokes pretty bad but he has a few ideas on what it is, but overall the truck is in awesome shape for its age.

6. Field King

Field King LawnSite Senior Member

good deal, some motor work and a little elbow grease and u have a nice truck, I like it!

7. HartselleLawnEnforcement

update on the truck - haven't done much; mostly practice the 5-speed.. I took the 1 off of the truck number, so its not truck #13 anymore. Call me superstitious, but that was kinda funky. haha. Anyway, I will be keeping it for now and putting work into it to get it running good.

It still runs kinda nice, but we don't believe it is a turbo-diesel or if it is, the turbo isn't engaging. Also figured out its a 1992. Any ideas on the motors on this year model? I know it was a good while before powerstroke, but did they put turbos on them then?

Thanks!

8. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

1993 and older were non turbo 7.3s. Its a great engine that would work hard and there were some aftermarket turbos out there for it.

9. waters lawn care

waters lawn care LawnSite Member
    from alabama

Yep you don't need this problem to deal with.I will come up to hartselle and take this off of your hands problem solved.It will be less than 40 miles back home!

10. HartselleLawnEnforcement

I think I'm gonna keep the truck. I've been going at it for a couple days now and I think I've got ahold of the whole stickshift idea. Now just looking for a good motor.

Thanks for looking out for me, there, waters. :laugh: