help on a flatbed truck!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by HartselleLawnEnforcement, Jun 30, 2011.

1. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

lol @ not knowing if it had a turbo or not.

2. HartselleLawnEnforcement

HartselleLawnEnforcement LawnSite Member

Haha, I guess doing some googling could have saved me from looking like an idiot, huh? :rolleyes:

3. WorldsStrongestLandscaper

WorldsStrongestLandscaper LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device

4. WorldsStrongestLandscaper

WorldsStrongestLandscaper LawnSite Member

We currently have 20 motors left outa the 60 we bought from a truck chain. They are selling like hot cakes at 2000.00 each. Sold the first 5 within a day of advertising locally for 1200 .00 and decided to up the price. They are 87-92's. I guess they fit up to 2003 if u have all the parts from the original motors from which u are swapping out! Pm me if u are interested. That truck is worth 3500. And if it's 4x4 6000.00. Out here. PM me if interested. BIG STEVE B CT STRENGTH WORLDS STRONGEST LANDSCAPER!!! CT's STRONGEST MAN 6/26/2011
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. ecurbthims

ecurbthims LawnSite Senior Member

your engines should fit 87 to 94 standard 7.3 , in 94 you could buy either the standard or the powerstroke 7.3 .Your standard 7.3 have way too many changes to even concider swapping into a powerstroke ,heads,intake,exhaust,and of course a mechanical high pressure pump vs electronic injectors .Not that long ago ,a navistar dealer reman 7.3 was about $5000.00 canadian ,havent done one in a few years ,your probably under-selling yourself by thousands though ,and come to think of it,I used to sell re-buildable cores for $2000.00 .

6. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

7. Southern Lawn Care  LLC

Southern Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

If you get rid of this truck please let me know because I do want it. I have a motor for it and everything already. Im in st.clair county but I would trailer it home and drop motor in.