Help on Aeration Job?????

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Albery's Lawn & Tractor, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

A customer that I mow for in a very highend community called me today and asked if I could aerate his yard. I really don't see the point as he has a very nice zoysia emerald yard that since I have taken over from the last crew has turned a beautiful green (it was brown from scalping when I was hired.) He has a irrigation system that I'll have to watch out for and the total property is about 3/4 of an acre. I haven't done an aeration job in years as most in our are don't. So what would you guys charge for a job like this, and keep in mind I'll have to rent the machine?
  2. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

I charge $15 per 1000 sq ft with a 5kft2 minimum...
  3. mkroher

mkroher LawnSite Senior Member

mark the irrigation heads with flags. He'll make you replace it if you damage one.
  4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Bout $400 around here for us based on that SF.

Why aerate? It doesn't matter what it looks like to you, aeration is one of the best things for turf you can do. Especially warm season grasses. Its as much for the soil structure as the plant.
  5. Rob.C

Rob.C LawnSite Member

If its a high end customer I assume they have money, I charge usually for my normal accounts $20.00 per 1000sqft for AR and $30.00 per 1000 sqft for AS2, if its high end I add 10.00 per 1000sqft for AR and I add $15.00 per 1000sqft for AS2, I would also add the cost of rental.