1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Help on bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by eggy, Feb 12, 2001.

1. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys I am nedding some help on a current bid. The problem is I sub out all fertilizer and herbicide work, and in this bid a groupis asking for only two applications. My question is which two applications would you make if only allowed two for the whole year??? Just needing to know before I call around to subs. Thanks!
  2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I would go with the spring and fall apps. only if that's all they want. These would be the 2 most effective in my opinion.
  3. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with Homer one spring w/pre-emergent and one fall app. Hopefully your pH isn't far off. Otherwise you would need a lime app. as well.
  4. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

Guys thanks, however Homer did you mean only fert. in spring and fall? Barkleymut did you recommend a crabgrass prem emergent and fert only in fall or ?????
  5. cleancut

cleancut LawnSite Member

I would just sub out the spring fert.(Weed n Feed pre em)..And in the fall, I would just put down a good winterizer..Derrick