help on bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jim Feder, Mar 9, 2002.

1. Jim Feder

Jim Feder LawnSite Member

ok here it is grass is cut 2 to 2.5 weekly pick up trash and trim around 3miles of fences the total mowing area is 76.6 acres it is flat some hill lots of trees to go around. I am just asking for a ball park price. thanks for the help :p :confused: :confused:

2. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

$29 an acre. buy a z trimmer from 4m inc

3. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

The 3 miles of fencing if one side only will take you about 2 hrs straight trimming IMHO. If you have to trim both sides I would figure your hourly rate for trimming at 4.5 hrs to cover this aspect of the bid. The $29/acre isnt bad either for a site of this size.

4. I would spend one hour for the year (with the stone-a-green sprayer) to apply round up and surflan vs. spending 4.5 hours at every mowing cycle.

5. TOSLC

TOSLC LawnSite Member

76 acres? We'd plant CORN here in Indiana! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Nah, I would say $25 an acre since you'd be making pretty good dough anyway. After all it's not like you would have to drive between 15 different locations to mow this. So all the time spent is actually working. By the way, I'm with Stone on this one. . . a little Round-Up goes a long way!

6. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

round up is not a bad idea, but if it's a city property thats probly not going to fly.

7. Rowdy_Yates

Rowdy_Yates LawnSite Member

What happened to the "Search" option on LawnSite.com? I can't find it.

I know I read a thread back a few months ago on formulas for calculating bids on jobs.

I'm looking to bid on some county properties where I live. Approx. 5 acres in town. 3 locations, all within a couple of miles of each other. Not a lot of trimming. Anybody got any recommendations?

Thanks
    Rowdy