Help on Bids

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WECS, Oct 23, 2004.

1. WECS

WECS LawnSite Member
    from houston

I was wondering what the going rate for a job of this size would be. If someone could please help by 10/23 I would appreciate it alot.

3 acres :)

basic lawn maintenance, irrigation, and fertilization

try 002.jpg
  2. Geezer

Geezer LawnSite Member

Egads Man !!! First you need some detailed specifications as to what is / what is NOT included. How many mowing visits, frequency of service, how often must you edge, work restrictions (start / stop times, no Sundays, holidays, etc) How many square feet of turf is there to treat? Is the 3 acres turf area only or the whole Lilliputian development? What specifications / restrictions are there on products, fert rates, etc. How many fert apps, pre-emergent apps .. Are you LICENSED to apply the chemicals? You need to make sure that you and all the other bidders are using the same rule book.

How cluttered is the turf area? Trees, mailboxes, transformers, signs, etc all will decrease mowing rates. Pruning, mulching...common area only? ...each unit ? ? ? ?

Man!!! Somebody out there in cyberland might play name that tune for you but... are you going to take the Unknown Mower Man's number and use it?

IMHO, you need to find someone with some EXPERIENCE and have them do a site visit as a start!!! (with the contract specs in hand...after having read them 2 ...or 7 times)
  3. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

NOt enough info to give you even a SWAG. Suggest you ask the property owner to give you a copy of the agreement that was used by the last company that serviced the property. If they want to white-out the previous fees thats fine but at least you can structure your bid similar to the prior agreement so you are bidding apples to apples. I;ve never had a commercial customer refuse to let me see the previous agreement although some will remove the fees from the document