Help On Convincing The Parents!?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Kennedy Landscaping, Dec 26, 2008.

1. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

Hmm, I'd say go buy another piece of equipment real quick, and say that you need a new trailer because you can't fit everything on there now. But then they might say, "well you can come back and get it if you need it that bad."

2. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Guys I just don't know what to do about this. I am going to be putting together that presentation today and see if that does any good. But if it don't do any good I will be very mad about it.

3. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe if they see that you put all that time and effort into putting together a business plan, maybe they will give in.

4. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

I would suggest equipment racks and better orginization. I will tell you this. The larger the trailer the more you will put in it. Then you will wat a 20'. I like single axle trailers for solo operations because your not hauling that much weight around and you wont be eating up tires and repairing brakes. Organization is key. You have small mowers. You should be fine for what you have.

5. nnj18

nnj18 LawnSite Silver Member

I dont see why you need a 16' trailer, but hey its your money. If my parents were that bad I'd rent out a shop and never tell them anything. lol

6. CrystalCreek

CrystalCreek LawnSite Bronze Member

Now thats funny right their. I never posted a pic of my trucks. I dont know how. But I understand it was said with good intention. I still like yours. Maybe someday someone can teach me. I am mildly retarted when it comes to computers. It is only by the grace of God that I can type. Good luck with the parents.

7. TREEGUARD

TREEGUARD LawnSite Senior Member

if your only 15 years old who's driving the truck that pulls the trailer. Thats my question

8. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Crystalcreek---If you need a hand uploading pics, PM me. I just learned to do it recently and it's not nearly as hard as I thought.

9. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Thats my bad. I had you mistaken for Creekview Property Maint.....He has a red Ford. I wasn't paying attention to the full name I suppose lol:hammerhead::hammerhead:

10. wellbuilt

wellbuilt LawnSite Senior Member

I'm thinking your mom and dad mite not want the lawn bizz to work out because they would rather see you to go to school get smart and become a doctor or a lawyer . 15 is kinda young , they mite want you to apply your self in school instead of on the turf . I think the larger trailer would be a good move for the bizz . You will have the next 50 years or so to figure this out don't sweat it. Your way ahead of me, when i was 15 i pulled a bobcat mower with a moped . I had the edger on top of the mower and a rack for the trimmer on my handle bars . I made a ton of cash when i was a kid . John