Help on Cutting Height

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by alfabetsoop, Jun 11, 2001.

1. alfabetsoop

alfabetsoop LawnSite Member

I'm a bit confused on adjusting my cutting height. I have a 36" Metro, and have used the factory (and dealer) height since I purchased it. However, my lawn fert. service suggested I cut a bit higher (he said 1/2"). After looking at the seetings I'm a bit confused as to how to make the adjustments.

I assume I have 2 spacers above and below the blades, though I haven't looked. The axle adjustment is in position D (second hole from the bottom), and I have two 1/2" spacers and one 3/16" spacer both above and below the caster. According to the table in the Operator's Manual, the height should be 2 7/8", but I measure 3 1/8" using a tape to measure the distance from the garage floor to the cutting edge of the blade. I'd like it to be set between 3 1/4" and 3 1/2".

Given the above, what adjustment do I need to make? Blade spacer adjustments? Caster height adjustments? Axle height adjustments?

Thanks

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hello,

I believe I replied to you through the Exmark website. If you need more assistance, don't hesitate to contact us again at service@exmark.com

Thanks,
    Lenny

3. alfabetsoop

alfabetsoop LawnSite Member

I didn't realize you monitored this site.