Help on Estimate for Weeding

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by buryanek, Jan 20, 2007.

1. buryanek

buryanek LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I have to bid on an estimate to keep weeds out of the flower beds and out of the lawn. Need help with what formula can be used and prices that would be appropriate.

My business I just mow, trim, edge and blow. I would like to be able to offer this to my customer.

2. greenerman

greenerman LawnSite Member

For flower bed weeding, I estimate how long it will take me, say 2 hrs. at $30.00 an hour= $60.00. I'll ask the customer if it's O.K. to leave the bags of weeds etc. for them to put out for yard waste pick-up day, or if they want me to take them away I'll charge a dissposal fee. Lawn weeding I measure the square feet of the lawn to get how much product I need to use and charge, then add on my mowing rate for the particular yard.:canadaflag:
  3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Very well said! I do about the same thing
  4. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

weeding can be a real black-hole $$$$ wise.
    I tell them up-front we charge x amount per hour, if they ask how long it will take I always estimate high. I charge $90/hr for 2 guys.
  5. sikagrass

sikagrass LawnSite Member

Do you guys do ant control before you do the job? I tried doing it back when I started and as a non applicator it was against the law (texas) for me to put anything out. Thanks.
  6. buryanek

buryanek LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Thank you all for your help.