HELP on estimating on big hedge trimming job

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by klink34, May 2, 2006.

1. klink34

klink34 LawnSite Member

I have priced hedge trimming before, but never this big. So my question is how much should I estimate for trimming up and cleaning up approx. 410 small-midsize but overgrown bushes?
  2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Really too hard to throw out a figure, but I can tell you one thing. Whatever number you come up with in the end, add more to it, cause it will end up taking more time than you anticipated. Cleanup is always longer than you think it will be, and don't forget to add in the dump fee to remove all the clippings. You didn't mention in your post, are these shrubs/bushes in grass (which will make the clean up easier), or are they all in beds with mulch or stone? That there alone is a big factor that we would have to know before giving a price.
  3. klink34

klink34 LawnSite Member

they are all in beds but the beds are a small gravel
  4. mrbray101

mrbray101 LawnSite Senior Member

really hard to price something like this without seeing it. There are too many variables. Best thing to do is write down every single thing that you wil lhave to do and estimate a time for each one. estimate a little more than you think it will take to be safe. Then just add everything up and use your hourly rate. Tack on for the dump fees and you should be set.