Help on Kohler COurage engine

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mexiking, Jul 29, 2007.

1. mexiking

mexiking LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Hi, I was wondering if you guys would be able to assist me on a Kohler Courage engine i'm getting. I want to know if it's going to require a Battery for the electric start. This is the engine: Kohler 20 HP Courage Engine SV600S-0002

2. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

No, not at all. Just hook the cables that would normally go to the battery to each ear and use your brain power for electricity.

Yes, if it has a starter motor, you will need a battery. :rolleyes:

3. mexiking

from NJ

haha, yeah thats what I knew, but my father assured me to death it did not...

4. Juan_Deere

Juan_Deere LawnSite Senior Member

I think your father is right on this one. That sounds like the model that you have to jab the mouse on the butt with a hot poker, so it will spin the electric starting wheel fast enough to get it started.

5. DOLMARatOS

DOLMARatOS LawnSite Member

Be sure to juice that mouse up with some powdered courage BEFORE you try to start in cold weather. Mousie steroids are how Kohler starts their big-block commercial series engines.

BTW, if you have a COURAGE engine....change your oil OFTEN and don't cheap out. OIL+FILTER change every time, usually 50 hours. Remember, this engine has 2 PLASTIC camshafts and they do NOT like any abrasives in the oil at all, even if it is just soft carbon deposits.

6. Americal Vet

Americal Vet LawnSite Senior Member

Uhhhh, where else would the power come from for the electric start?

7. mexiking

from NJ

from my brain