Help on landing church accounts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cod8825, Apr 23, 2007.

1. cod8825

cod8825 LawnSite Senior Member

My manager/owner of the company that I work for has decided to take a new course and is trying to acquire church accounts as both a ministry opportunity and also for business. I have read the STOP LOWBALLING book offered by team gopher and it gave some good starting points does anybody have any other advice other than sending in brochures.

The more specific the better. Thanks for your help.

Matt

2. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

most chruches have people in the congragation that mow the lawn for free, or as their way of serving the church.

3. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Stop in and talk to the pastor and see if they need lawn service or if they do it themselves

4. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Stay away from churches. I do one and its a PITA. They will complain about the scheduling and its a haven for lowballers. Curches are VERY cheap due to the fact most of them work on donations only.

5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

and there hard to get....

6. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Churches use me. Always calling for a quote for mowing, fert programs and i have yet to get a one. People within usually do it. Same for private schools - although I do there snow removal! So I would suggest move on, don't spend alot of time with them as there are other accounts out there to go after and spend your precious time on.

7. cuttenup

cuttenup LawnSite Member
    from NETN

You can give them a price then offer to give 10% back as an offering. This has worked well for me. The church doesnt feel cheated and its a great tax write off for you. Just keep up with how much you donate back each year. I enjoy working for churches. For the most part if you do a good job and are reasonable on your price you will never loose the account.

8. TSG

TSG LawnSite Senior Member

There are two churches in my town.
    I am very good friends with the priest and minister.
    I offerred to Cut, Trim, blow for free since I really don't do a whole lot more for them.
    They both declined saying it would create such a stir with the parishiners (sp)
    that do it now,,,for a good price.
    I didn't think of it as lowballing, I saw the offer donating on the plate.
    Looks like the get 5.00/ week instead