help on new purchase

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by d&rlawncare, Oct 16, 2006.

1. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I will be starting a new biz in 2007. What is the best zero turn to go with. I have heard toro and exmark are the same company(?). Any one that could let me know. I want to spend 8000 at the most (for the zero')and would like to get a bagger system with it. I will also be getting a 48" wb. Are the commercial toro's even comparable to skag or exmark? Any one in MI know were to get a good trailer? Thanks again

2. A.D Services

A.D Services LawnSite Member

check out the greatdane brand i have personally used a chariot and the super surfer and they have the best cut for the money. you will not be disappointed with the quality of their machines. some people may not like them and i think they are crazy. good luck looking. im not trying to tell you what to do but you should go demo a super surfer. they are better than the wright standers and if you dont like that, try a brutus or the chariot. and they have a nice line of WBs also.

3. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Scag wins hands down to me, with a high horse moter and the best warranty in the biz, lesco is hard to be beat on price there are a lot of operaters on the board that can tell what they run, i have owned several different brands of mowers.

4. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

Exmark and Toro are the same company but their mowers are not the same. They are actually quite a few different features between the two.

If you are looking to spend $8k tops, I do not think you will be looking at Toro or Exmark becasue I'm pretty sure you will not be able to get either with a collection system for that price.

FWIW - I have not heard too many good things about Scags.

One thing I will say, especially if you are buying new, it make sure you are comfortable with your dealer and they quality of their establishment.

5. d&rlawncare

Thanks for all the input so far.

6. d&rlawncare

I looked at the LESCO on there web site. Has anyone had problems that has owned one (ztr)??????????????

7. DEEJ

DEEJ LawnSite Member

I believe "Envy" runs Lesco and speaks very highly of them. Excellent value, excellent product for the money I believe is his take on it. Let's see if he chimes in here ...

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

there is no "best"...depending on the size deck, you will be hard pressed to find one with a bagger for under 8 grand.

9. d&rlawncare

There is no best your right, but there are better than others and being new I just dont want to spend my money on something that is known for problems etc. I also could hold off on the bagger until this time next year and just spend the 8k on a ztr!

10. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

Id look into getting a toro, and spending a few more bucks. I was lookin to spend about 8 on a ZTR, but ended up spending a little more (no bagger either) BUT toro is pushing their products HARD, I got my Z Master for Zero % APR for 3 years. Cant beat that. Next spring theyll be running the same deal most likely..........but it will be Zero % apr for 24 months........Just make sure u pay it off and youre good to go! Im def getting another toro, the Turbo Force deck works well, and its a comfortable machine. Theyve got a good bagger system too, I believe it comes with a seperate engine for the fan, which is good because you wont shred belts, and lose power from the mowers engine.