1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

HELP on posting digital Pictures

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by kjfaulk, Nov 13, 2002.

1. kjfaulk

kjfaulk LawnSite Member
    from NC

I have been trying for 2 days to attach some pictures to a thread, and everytime i send it, it tells me that the file is to big. I have even tried to take the pictures at the lowest resolution, and there still to big. Any help!!!!
  2. yergus

yergus LawnSite Member

you need to compress it in paint. that should take care of the problem
  3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I wouldn't compress too much. JPEG's that are compressed a lot look like crap.

You need to first crop it as small as you can and then simply resize it so that it meets the criteria here.

You can also upload them to a webpage and use the IMG button and paste a pretty good size pic as it will not be "hosted" by LS then.

Any of your photo software can crop, resize and compress. Just monkey around with it for a while!
  4. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

If you don't have a photo editor, paint will work. Just open the picture in paint and up on the toolbar click image, then stretch/skew. Stretch (or shrink) the photo about 40% and save the file. That should do the trick. I usually use adobe photodeluxe to shrink the file to 640x480.

Hope that helps