1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

help on price?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnrangers, May 6, 2003.

1. lawnrangers

lawnrangers LawnSite Member

i have a chance to bid on some local schools,one is 6 acres, the other is 7 acres. they are to be mowed once a week,edged weedeated blowed,thats it nothing else.but my real dilema is its just me &
    and one other employee,and i have 50 other residentials to do also.will i have time to do all? if so how do i bid these?
  2. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess I would not be interested due to the strong possibility of getting paid late or at all.

Plus do you have to do them when no kids are there? If not do you have to meet some regulation about not using a side discharge mower? I am not sure about that but its something of a safety issue to look into.

Just figure what your pricing out your areas now and there you go. If its wide open and not many obstacles you could go cheaper per acre.

Question is: Do you really want this? Or do you really need it? Might be more of a hassle than its worth!
  3. lawnrangers

no gator this is a contract with the public school system. i do not have any restrictions when or how i will mow them.they said they would keep kids inside if iwas mowing. it may be just a bigger hassle than i want. i mow the superintendants yard,and he requested i mow 2 of them.there are 11 schools in all....
  4. KerryB

KerryB LawnSite Senior Member

If you have the time why not?
    $480.00 and $560.00 per cut.
  5. lawnrangers

thanks for the help,going to look at properties today.if it is not that bad will probally bid. thx again..