Help on priceing icicle lights?

Discussion in 'Christmas Trees & Seasonal' started by nikster78, Nov 28, 2010.

1. nikster78

nikster78 LawnSite Member

Guys i normally stick to outdoor lighting design and installs however i opened my mouth and have a great potential client on line. I say potential because he is very interested in adding a system after the holidays. This will all be based upon his satisfaction with the Christmas lights.

I have no idea what to charge him as a fair rate. here are some things i came up with.
    150' of gutter to install icicle lights on. LED cost @ box store 260.00; commercial grade icicles 145.00 cost.

Should i round off a figure based on per foot? Which includes clips, power supply, etc

Just dnt want to scare the guy off or make a bad impression. Again i normally do not do Christmas lights but need the work and even more a new client in a new subdivision for us.

Thanks

2. hotrod1965

hotrod1965 LawnSite Senior Member

I don't do a lot of icicles... but we do charge $35 per strand for LED. The strands are 7.5 ft long.

3. nikster78

thanks. I had to get the bid off and decided on a number doing it per foot. 5.25 on LED and 4.75 with incandescent. Left it up to the customer which one they would prefer.

4. nightshutter

nightshutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from UT

sorry for the noob question. Is that price for per foot of gutter or foot of lights?

5. hotrod1965

hotrod1965 LawnSite Senior Member

I just do it per strand.

6. nikster78

Price is Per Foot of lights. It could be give or take on the gutter measurements.