1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Help On Pricing!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ferdinand711, Oct 30, 2006.

1. ferdinand711

ferdinand711 LawnSite Member

how much do you charge for a 50' x 100' yard with 4 trees on it.
  2. Wil22

Wil22 LawnSite Member

How much do you charge for what? If it's mowing, figure how long it's going to take and charge accordingly.
  3. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats a pretty small lot, depends if your in the area etc, but I would say no less than 40.00 in your area, if you were in Fl. I would say 30 to 35.00
  4. ferdinand711

it's mowing i'm sorry, the situation is i do landscaping but haven't try pricing for mowing yet. there's five of them in a large subdivision that at least wants me to do 2 cuttings this year and a year contract next season. I mean any figure that you could give will be a help , i just work my way around it.

5. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

what are your expenses?
  6. ferdinand711

don't get me wrong but what you mean by expenses.

i'm basically gonna be doing it by myself.
  7. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

I'm sorry, I'm all about helping and there is no such thing as a stupid question...but come on!!!!!!!!!!!!:hammerhead:
  8. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

what he means by expenses is things like

do you own your truck or are you leasing/paying on it specifically for a business

do you have insurance?

are you paying taxes?

are you using an expensive cost per house mowing (like dixie chopper) or a cheap one like a toro pusmower?

if you were paying labor how much are you paying??

basically how much will it cost you to mow the lawn, and then how much moeny do you want to make

a neighbor boy with a pushmower and his daddy's string trimmer could obivioulsy do a lawn with alot more gross/net then i could, so i have to charge more in order to make money.. thats just the way it works..
  9. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

10. ProLawns

ProLawns LawnSite Senior Member

$30 per week, that's my minimum.