Help on pricing!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenMachine102, Mar 16, 2005.

1. GreenMachine102

GreenMachine102 LawnSite Member

I need to know what you guys would charge for approx. 7 hours of mowing on a farm not sure on acre amount but I would quess it is 5 acres.

I was thinking 250.00/ week hows that too low, too high?

Thanks for any input!

2. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

yes for just mowing 5 acres 250 would be fine. But 7 hours to mow 5? Seems a little behind the power curve. If trimming were involved my lowest would be 91.25 per acre.

3. GreenMachine102

well I just quessed the acres, the guy told me it took him 5 hours to cut it if he started and didnt stop a second, he said if you take your time and do a little at a time it might take 7 hours, so what do you charge an hour? I am figuring 7 hours just to cover my butt.

4. crzymow

crzymow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa

First thing you really need to do is measure it and check out how rough it is, then go from there.

5. AEW

AEW LawnSite Member

Yes measure it and get an approximation of how many acres you are going to mow. Go from that...

6. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

concerning bid sheets.
    kenny. :)

7. GreenMachine102

It is pretty smooth, nice cutting can you guys tell me what you would charge by the hour?

8. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

55-65.00 per hr. 1 man

9. crzymow

crzymow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa

I just bid on a 5 acre mowing job that i figure would take 2-2 1/2 hrs, not to much trim work, spraying fence lines and around the buildings, its a commercial job. Spraying is an additional cost of course. I believe our bid for the year was about $8,700, forgot to say have another small property that we figured $45 would get added into that, so i guess $245 is how we figured out priceing per week.

10. topdog

topdog LawnSite Member
    from indiana

$50.00 an acre is about right depending on your area.

i agree that 7 hours seems a bit too long for the size.

did you ask the other person what type of mower he was using? i believe you said it toke him 5 hours non stop.