Help on proposal

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by chinita, Jul 22, 2004.

1. chinita

chinita LawnSite Member

I have to write a proposal for a realestate agent who is renting a house. They want us to fix up the yard before the tennants move in. Does anyone have a sample proposal they can show me? The house looks like it hasn't been lived in for a while, the grass is really high. My husband James might have to mow tree or four times, lots of weeds, edging, prooning, tree removal, clean up etc. I can't even think of where to begin writing this up or what to charge.
    Can anyone help?

2. Mr. Magpie

Mr. Magpie LawnSite Senior Member

With these complex jobs, I would suggest trying to determine exactly what needs to be done and exactly how you are going to do it (rather than just blurting out a price that may be way too high or not enough). This may seem like common sense, but when I say exactly, I mean it..... envision the work being done. This will take a while, some brain storming and maybe a couple of trips out to get a different frame of reference.

Once you do this, on big complex odd-jobs, always quote a little higher than what it will take hour-wise. Then give it back at the end if you didn't need the cushion.

3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

4. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

Another thing is snap some photo's of the property then maybe we can help with pricing it may vary state to state.