Help on rock order PLEASE!!

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by POBOY, Jun 11, 2004.

1. POBOY

POBOY LawnSite Member

I was contacted to put rock on a new parking lot it is 100'x130' and a drive way that is 150'x11'. They want the black slag or the p-gravel. My Question is do I figure it like mulch? 14,650sq ft. divided by 27=542yards of rock? Easy job if I can get the the rock figured up. :confused:

2. GolfSupt28

GolfSupt28 LawnSite Member

Hi poboy, How thick are you putting the stone on? I think you need to multiply the sq. ft. by the inches D/12 then divide by 27. 14,650 * .166 (2in.) /27 = 90yds.

3. POBOY

POBOY LawnSite Member

I was thinking 2" if I need to put it down thicker or thinner please let me Know. All opinions are appreciated.. Every one agree with 90 Yards?

4. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

Pea gravel does not compact worth a damn. Why would you want to use it for a parking lot/drive way?

5. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

90.43 yards at 2 inches deep to be exact.
    How do you figure mulch??????

Easy job?
    Do you have the equipment to move 90 yards of stone?

6. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep. With out a good clay base there are gonna be a lot of stuck cars in that parking lot.

7. POBOY

POBOY LawnSite Member

I goofed with my figures I figure did not multiply by my depth so it would be 14650*depth / 27. About the parking lot the town just bought the property behind the police station it was a lay down yard for a hardware co. it is rock hard the Mayor wants a place for the police to park. He wanted black slag 1-2'' thick. Sorry for the confusion came home for lunch I was hot and confused I guess. It was mid 90's today.