1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

help on the john deer z225

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by thenerveman, Jun 3, 2007.

1. thenerveman

thenerveman LawnSite Member

Ok i dont know who sells the mulching kit or blade for the mower and i need to find out before i buy it. or does it come with a mulching kit already.

2. Herrick

Herrick LawnSite Senior Member

Most likely does NOT come with it, and you want a z425 or z445 anyway...

3. CuttingEdge LLC

CuttingEdge LLC LawnSite Member

For some odd reason this mower is mulch capable, but doesn't come with the Kit. I have this same mower with the mulching kit that I made the lady at home depot take it off of the lawn tractor they had there. She did it.lol...Your best bet is to contact a JD dealer and or go to JD's website and see if you can get one from there. The lady at home depot said she couldn't order one because she didnt know where to get it...but if you need new blades they are sold at the depot, or you could get the gator blades for it...hope this helps.

4. thenerveman

thenerveman LawnSite Member

ok thanks that helps

5. johndeerefan

johndeerefan LawnSite Member

i would for sure get the John Deere z425 it is much more well built that the z225

6. Neal's Lawn Service

Neal's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

more well built in what kinda way?

7. Herrick

Herrick LawnSite Senior Member

Better engine, better drive system, better deck.... completely different machine.