Help - - - Opinions needed on a 21" push mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FCS Services, Aug 12, 2006.

1. FCS Services

FCS Services LawnSite Member

HELLO- I Currently have a 21" Toro Personal Pace mower. I was thinking abouit getting a new 21", 22" or ? new replacement mower. Or even a small walk behind (36")? The 21 seems to work best for the smaller yards.

I wanted to see what other LOC's are using and why??

Your help and opinions are greatly appriciated...

Thanks
    frank

2. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

For commercial units I would stick to Toro or Honda. Both make very good 21" walkbehind mowers.

If you want a tank of a 20" or whatever push mower then look at the Bobcat.

3. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Toro proline with the kaw engine on it. That will be my next 21 anyway.

4. REALSLOW

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

It figures, a 21 why bother you can weedeat faster get the 36 WB.

5. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

36? The 21 only goes through the 32'' gates guy. There are some cases where a 21 cannot be beat, that is where mine gets used. I guess you mow in a perfect town where the smallest gates are 64 inches wide and all of the lawns are large with no small spaces to access.

6. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I agree. I use a toro proline w/ kaw as my main mower because I cut small yards and don't need anything big until next year.

7. FCS Services

FCS Services LawnSite Member

Why the Toro proline?? What features does it have that you like? I like the Toro Personal Pace Because of the personal Pace Drive System. All tho I have only used the personal pace system??

Please advise as to why you like the proline

My Toro has performed great for the last 6 years - no real issues... Its just getting old.

Thanks
    Frank

8. REALSLOW

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

No, but you will not catch me spending much on a push mower when I can weedeat faster than a person can mow with a pushmower.

9. JC Landscapes

JC Landscapes LawnSite Member

I own a toro proline model #22177 it has the kawi engine and bbc feature. the bbc makes it easy to get to tight areas without the blades on. I like how it has only one control lever- it makes it very simple and fast to operate.
    they come with a 3 speed transmission which i leave in 2nd gear. you can feather the contol lever to control the exact speed. these mowers are not cheap but many large landcare firms in my area use them because of their durability.

10. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

For your "smaller" yards I would just still go with the 21" until a 36" walkbehind is needed. I'd go with the Honda commercial mower great machines. I have two Hrc216Hxas bought them four years ago still running strong.