1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

help/opinions on my truck lettering

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by cochino12, Mar 15, 2005.

1. cochino12

cochino12 LawnSite Senior Member

These are samples that I had done and was hoping you guys here could provide some feedback. The background is maroon which represents the color of the truck. I will also be adding these to the rear windows of my fullsize blazer (tinted windows). Which do you guys like best? Should I add, remove change anything? Just looking for a little guidance. Thanks

lettering 1.gif

lettering 2.gif

lettering 3.gif

lettering 4.gif
  2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Personally, I don't like the green with the maroon color. Also, it seems as if you are placing a business card on your truck...I would stick to the basics, short and sweet. Again, just an opinion.
  3. cochino12

cochino12 LawnSite Senior Member

I was thinking the same thing about all the additional text. I just dont know what color would stand out on maroon.
  4. Shelman Yard works

Shelman Yard works LawnSite Member

I would stick to the white lettering.
  5. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey why dont you go with black on maroon. Even white will stand out better than green. As for you logo, IMO it is way to busy. As someone else had said "keep it simple and to the point" That is good for flyers and buss. cards, but for truck lettering name phone and lawn care. Keep trying :D
  6. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Or... maybe a black background such as this?

lettering 1.gif
  7. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

I would think if you made what was green in those white, it would stand out, so basically white wording on your maroon blazer.
  8. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Personally I like a larger name with a larger phone number. Make it easy for people to see who you are. Short and simple works for me.
    I like the white lettering on the maroon background the best.
  9. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

Black would be nice, but probably cost a little more than he wanted to spend to repaint his maroon truck with black.

Personally, I would go with Bright Gold Metallic on an A6 vinyl and then black outline and/or shadow down/right to make it pop a little better.

I also have a maroon vehicle that will be getting this coloring at some point in the future and it pops nicely.. especially with the black outline/shadow.
  10. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

I think this looks the best.the name and nuber stick out alot more so passing cars can see it...

Attached Files: