help....our lawns...

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jose85, Jul 10, 2007.

1. jose85

jose85 LawnSite Member

ok i live in oklahoma city...and i been sprayin for 3 yrs....but this is the first time i see lime yellow yards....now its not grubs we already check....and we are using 32-0-0 or 32-3-7 .....they get green but turn lime green on some spots what the hell is it...

2. jose85

jose85 LawnSite Member

oh yea i forgot to add on here that we have had alot of rain

3. YukonG

YukonG LawnSite Member

That's an understatement.:)

4. DSTC

DSTC LawnSite Member

could be iron chlorosis? We have been getting a lot of that down here GA because of our drought and the excessive irrigation as a result. Here is a nice article I found from a Professor at Texas A&M. I don't know about the method he suggests for clearing it up, but we use a product called Sprint 330, which is a Chelated Iron, at 1lb per acre mixed in the permagreen wet tank.

With extremely wet conditions and cool nights, you could be having fungus and disease problems instead. Post some pics if you can.

http://plantanswers.tamu.edu/turf/iron.html

5. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Got any pics? Got any poa?

6. northernsvc's

northernsvc's LawnSite Member

need pics, is it the same typ of grass? not a different type of grass that maybe wasn't growin as well and now with the rain it is flourishing?

7. jose85

jose85 LawnSite Member

same grass

8. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Drainage maybe?

9. jose85

jose85 LawnSite Member

nope....like alot of our yards has it...u know when u have a grubs problem and the grass tends to get lime green on the tips on of the blade....its like lime green with yellow

10. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

We get it a LOT here too. Iv'e tried to get answers from many sources and everyone is grabbing at straws for an explination. Iv'e tried many things and am still trying. This year Iv'e applied Milorginite to quite a few lawns (just in the last week) some had the yellow you speak of pretty bad. I'm curious to see what effect it has.