Help out when you can!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1stclasslawns, Feb 27, 2001.

1. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Well I dont knoe how to put this. Im not trying to pat myself on the back or anything, but just putting somthing out there to be considered.

A guy that works the same place my wife does, his wife has a brain tumor its not looking good at all for her, they have twin 7 year old daughters. Well the department where my wife works held a 2 day bake sale and a raffel. I or my company donated some Bar-B-Que, and a certificate for $100.00 worth of free services. I dont know how its going to work out exactly but I did limit it to the services I offer and stated I needed 1 weeks notice to schedual. I included no product at all only services.
    I know some are going to say, were here to make money not give away our time, or somthing to that effect. But I belive, doing unto others..., karma, what comes around goes around, what ever you may call it, does in fact work.

I also urge you to give a little back to the same community that supports you, if you give a little back, the guy you accidently cut off last week when the cell rang, might not be so quick to cuss you. It WILL also show up in the bottom line.

No we as individual LCOs cant make a big difference every where. But if we each help once a year what a difference we might make as an industry.

Just some food for thought.

You or yours might be next.

Jim

[Edited by naturalawn on 02-28-2001 at 04:27 AM]

2. MIDSOUTH

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

Way to go Jim!!!!!!!!!

3. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Every year as long as I have known my wife (11years) she has been involved in the March of Dimes walk every spring. She collects money from co-workers and friends and such and has every year been in the top five for raising money in our immediate community. Usually she raises about $1500 to $2000 every year all by herself. The last couple years I started giving a hundred or two hundred to give to the cause. I must be getting soft in my old age. She does alot of pavement pounding and I guess it's the least I can do for her. She has her own little spot on the wall with all her plaques for top fund raiser and so on. The babies really have nothing without the help of people like her. Maybe I should take some lessons from her. Anyways, it doesn't kill us to sometimes help out the less fortunate that may deserve it. :)

4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i agree with u guys. in addition to my lawns, i also have a job working for someone else. anytime we try to collect for a worthy cause, there r a few who say, screw them, what would they do for me. people like that make me sick. i am thankful i have my health, and lord knows im not starving, i always do what i can to help the less fortunate.

5. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Every Fall we donate $500 worth of canned goods to CHOW and then another $500 to Toys For Tots. We basically just attach employee names to company checks.Just a way of giving some back to the community.

And for those who are thinking its a tax write off I have not nor will I. I think that would detract from the purpose and the Great feeling our employees get from doing so. We basically just attach employee names to company checks.

Just my .02
    Kris

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

All I can say to you people is that YOU'LL GET YOURS!!! You watch and see, and mark my words. Yeah, it is said What comes arund, goes around, but most people don't even have a conception of how true that is. It is sincere, selfless acts like this that will come back on you when you least expect it. Oh, it may not even be in THIS life, but somewhere down the road, it WILL come back on you. It is people like YOU that keep this candle we call a world burning, even if it only flickers as a dim light at times, it is acts like this that shelter from the wind we call darkness and corruption, this candle and keep it from blowing out completely. Blessed is he that helps those in need. Sincerely,

7. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Gee, I hope so.

8. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

Just think natural lawn.Your helping create
    a pretty decent fella.YOU