1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Help Part II Getting rid of Pyracantha's

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by 2006Silverado, Jul 23, 2007.

1. 2006Silverado

2006Silverado LawnSite Member
    from GA

Same as Juniper's, any advice on bidding removal of these Pyracantha's.

2. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

The best advice I can give you (& you'll find a lot by doing a search) is calculating your costs. theres many of them i.e. maintenance disposal, operating supplies, equipment costs & repairs, phone, donations advertising, trucks, gas etc... add up all your costs, now you don't have employees so what is your time worth, add it up and there you have it. if it all adds up to say $100/day thats 12.50/hr costs (example only) if you want to make for you 75/hr thats 75 + 12..50 = 87.50 You can charge $25.00 and go home losing money or you can charge what its really worth to your company $87.50 (again example only)
  3. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

I would send 1 guy with 1 F150, 1 shovel, 1 green barrel, 1 pair of loppers, 1 rake.

the bill for removing what is seen in the pictures and raking area clean will be 131.25 but that is me and my area I don't know what your areas economy will tolerate. I would expect him back by the time I finish my 2nd cup. or hit me on the 2way and explain why.
  4. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

That looks like nandina to me. Looks like one man hour worth of work... if it is for a maintenance client I would just bill them for an extra $50 and do it on the next maintenance visit.... if it is not a regular customer it would be $150.