Help pick name

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by WI Lawns, Jan 2, 2013.

1. WI Lawns

WI Lawns LawnSite Member

1.Advanced Green Lawn Care

2.Express green Lawn services

3.Ever Green Lawn Care

4.Other

Also Lawn Care or Lawn Services?

2. AmericanLawn&Landscape

AmericanLawn&Landscape LawnSite Member

I think ever green lawn care sounds good. I don't like the sound of advanced or express
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

I'd factor the web domain name availability as well. Some of those might be difficult to find an available name for, unless you append it with your city/service area, so you may want to come up with your short list and then check for the domain and state registration availability.

4. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Ditto,
    Web Name #1
    State Assumed Name #2
    County Assumed Name # 3

Pretty safe to assume if the web is available the other two will be as well

5. WI Lawns

WI Lawns LawnSite Member

They are not available as say advancedgreenlawncare.com but i can get advancedgreenlawns.com

Here are two logos I made when bored.

laen care.jpg

green2.jpg

6. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

I like number 4, it is very original. Think about it, just naming your company "Other", it doesn't include "lawncare" or "landscape" so you aren't worried about your name labeling you as only doing a certain fraction of the industry.

I'm sorry for being a wise ***, I am over tired right now.

As far as "lawn care" vs "lawn service". I'm not sure about in your area, but in many areas, "lawn service" is what many people think of as landscaping, such as mow-n-blow. Where "lawn care" is generally more of the fert and chemical part of the industry.

7. tonygreek

Green brings up a great point. Do some Google searches for the competition in your area using "lawn care" and "lawn service". See what pops up. Then, if you're up for it, register for a Google AdWords account and use their keyword search tool to see what term people in your area are most searching for.

8. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

I have not seen the Key word tool be that specific to region. Do tell if you have any tricks in the settings please

9. tonygreek

It's no different than how you would use Google for searching. Search your keyword or phrase and prepend/append with location (lawn service grand prairie), as well as look at broad and exact match. You can then see if people search more for "lawn care" or "lawn services" as well as get suggestions from the Keyword Ideas results as to what else they might be searching for.

10. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

Tony,
    Thank you for the reply.

I have used the tool and it is helpful but as far as I know the regional setting is for North America and they do not offer results based on city or state. In other words, country is about as granular as the tool gets.

I will double check this as I have not investigated this since last winter.