Help please 1st commercial bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dan the mowing man, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Dan the mowing man

Dan the mowing man LawnSite Member

Im going to submit a bid for an approxametly 61000 sqaure feet commercial property . It has a moderate amount of trees some low lying areas witch will need to be weed wacked. I think I can mow it with my lazer 52 in about an hour an a half or two hours. The triming about another hour an a half or two hours. I was going to give them a price per cut bid or do you guys bid differently ? Also the property needs some cleaning up should I present a spring clean up fee as well ? What would you guys charge ? I sure do appreciate your help thank you !!!!!!!!!

2. Dan the mowing man

Come on someone must have an answer ?

3. IndyPropertyCare

IndyPropertyCare LawnSite Member

$85 per week... Mow,trim,,,blow

4. GCMow

GCMow LawnSite Member

$75.00 to $90.00 per week
    yes on spring clean up $112.00 to $135.00

5. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

Dan,
    I have not done any properties this large as of yet, but the prices seem to be low considering your hours estimated, or your hours seem to be high? sounds like 4 hours of work for you, and bidding at only $80-100 is only going to get you about $20 per hour! Not sure, but sounds like something is off. My guess is you are over-estimating your time, just from the size of the lot, I would think it would be a little less.
    Not sure if this helps, thought I'd try.

6. clcare

clcare LawnSite Member

I waven't seen the property but if you can get most of it with your 52" than you over estimated the time. At the most you will have an hour there $80 is a fair bid. Its only 1.4 acres.

7. Dan the mowing man

I may be overestimating my time Im pretty new at this . But those numbers have to be low . Thanks for your help .

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I have recently been bidding apartments, which I am new to. You just have to estimate your time the best you can and charge what you need.

9. terracare

terracare LawnSite Senior Member

Trimming should take you about 1/2 the time it takes you to mow all the turf

Todd

10. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

$93-97 :p

Let me know how you do.