HELP PLEASE..brand new lazer z problem

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jbell113, Sep 11, 2005.

1. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

Just bought my first z rider 44" lazer z. I mow the first property and in the middle of a turn the right lever when pushing.. starts a squeaking noise under the machine and it wont turn forward or backward. I had to tow it back (im sorry to say ) with a john deere residential tractor. The machine has 1.3 hrs on it. I am taking it back to the dealer tomorrow any way but you know how us guys are ..we are going to try and figure it out ourselves even if we cant fix it we can tell the dealer what we think is wrong to save some time at the shop. What do you think is the problem
    ? It has hydro fluid and the left stick works fine.

2. wanabe

wanabe LawnSite Senior Member
    from So. IL

It may be air in the system. Losen the lines on the wheel motors and try to bleed the the air out while it is running. Is the pump belt still on?

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Hydros are shot...

4. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

With 1.3 hrs.
    leave it a lone and let the dealer fix it. I would be insisting on a whole new machine!

5. Envy Lawn Service

Don't be turning a tap on anything on this machine.
    It has 1.3 hrs on it.
    And it has hydro problems.
    Last thing you need is the finger pointed at you.

It's gonna be an issue with air or cavitation in the system...
    Or an issue with a faulty part.

But let the dealer take care of this for you. If it ain't moving at all on that side, it is very likely the latter.

6. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

Amen to that.
    You touch it you most likely buy it!

7. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like an air leak. Did the hydro reservoir have air bubbles in it?

I hope you bypassed the hydros before towing.

Oldtimer

8. jbell113

I havent touched any thing on it and I turned the two bolts on the hydros to tow it. But yea I will let the dealer look at it.

9. Envy Lawn Service

Good deal...

And look, don't be overly concerned about this either. This sort of thing happens from time to time. In my opinion, if it's gonna happen, the earlier the better.

I am curious though... did the problem come about slowly and progress to the point that side would not work, or did it happen suddenly?

10. jbell113

It happened suddenly......but I am too curious by nature so I jacked up the rear end and had a look see...the set screws for the pullies that are on the hydro shafts were not screwed in tight enough and I tightened them...PROBLEM SOLVED....thanks for all of your input though