Help Please?Commercial Bid ....man down.. man down

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ManyHats, Jan 23, 2006.

1. ManyHats

ManyHats LawnSite Member

Hey Gents,
    My name is Carl, I have been in this industry for 10 years. Generally in residential lawn care and property maintenance,MANYHATS, LLC. I have been solicited for a bid on 5 commercial properties. the owners are concerned with their monthly bottom line. How much is it going to cost. I am not exactly sure , because i have been doing residential for so long and every bid i normally submit for commercial bombs:realmad: So I have read many of the insightful threads and have to say thanks for all of the info. But I need a consensus of opinions from some of you more seasoned vets:waving:
    Their are 5 properties with the specs as follows;
    mowing, trimming, blowing, trash p/u weekly 19703 sq-ft of lawn, 27 mulch beds:
    18islands in parking lot, 9 donuts, shrubs are all really low maintenance
    shrubs 2* year
    fert 2* year
    they are all relatively the same in size
    2 man crew

I priced it at roughly$ 8334.00 per property *5 =$40,270/ $3355.00per month, 12 month billing
    Do think this is too much too little
    Advice or criticism is welcome
    thank you

2000 dodge ram 1500
    14*6 open trailer
    echo trimmers
    stihl backpack blowers
    60' lesco z 2
    44 toro proline
    21 honda harmony

2. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

Carl, do not let your self get caught up in the difference between commercial and residential properties. After ten years you should know your costs. It should not make a difference if you are doing a residence or a commercial business. Things like p-lot islands are the same as small hard to get at areas of someones lawn. Grass is grass, time is time. When I get to a large commercial property, I look at it as if it was several residential properties together. Only you know your costs and what your market in your area will bear. Estimate your time X your cost, plus your profit wanted, and send it in. If you do not get it, forget it and move on. Also remember price may not be the reason you did not get it. Many say they only are looking for the lowest cost, but I believe very few will take the lowest bid on its price alone. PR

3. M RASCOE&SONS

M RASCOE&SONS LawnSite Bronze Member

carl was the specs you gave for all the properties combined or each property has those specs?

4. ManyHats

ManyHats LawnSite Member

those specs are for one property but all of the stores are the same in measure.
    thanks for taking time to address my concern