help please

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by oasislawns, Jan 25, 2006.

1. oasislawns

oasislawns LawnSite Member

I will be starting my own business very soon. Is this a good deal on a new mower. New 2005 Exmark LazerZ Hp. 48" deck. 20 HP Kohler engine. Mulch kit. Asking price is $6649. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

2. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

First off how many accounts will you be mowing and how big will they be??? You really can't get much better than exmark!!! Great cut, reliable, and you get what you pay for!!!!

3. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

You can get a 60" Lesco with a 25HP Kawasaki for $6300. You be the judge. Seems a bit high to me, but Exmark's prices are usually on the higher end of the scale. Is the extra money worth it? Well, everyone has a different opinion on that...some yes, some no.

4. oasislawns

I will be starting off with just a few accounts but plan on expanding as much as possible when the season comes in. I will be focussing mainly on residential yards under 15,000 sq.ft. as well as a few small commercial accounts possibly.

5. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I would say yea it would be a good deal. Is it brand spanking new or does it have some hours on it??? If that is new than that really isn't bad for and exmark!!!

6. officeguy

officeguy LawnSite Member

Is that the MSRP or a quote from your dealer?

7. oasislawns

This is a brand new mower with no hours and this is the price that the dealer gave me.