1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

help please

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowerboy04, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

hey guys, i am bidding a lawn that is about 4 acres. i am guessing it will take me about 4.5-5 hours to cut with my equipment. there is about half mile of side walk to edge, and 50 or so trees to weed wip around. i am thinking of bidding $350 a week. any feed back would be appreciated.
    thanks
    alex

2. scarr133

scarr133 LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know what equipment you have, but that much time for only 4-5 acres seems like a lot. I am able to get close enough to all of my trees to where I don't really have to weedeat around with my 60" Z. Maybe that's not the case for you. I would be around $260-$275/cut, and that's at about $65/acre, and that would only take me about 1-1.2 hours to just mow. I wouldn't get much more than that in my area.

3. topcat

topcat LawnSite Member
    from Bflo

I think cutting 4-5 acres in an hour or little over with a 60" deck is stretching it a little. Better add at least another hour onto that.

4. wissel_landscaping

wissel_landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

I do 5 acres for a close friend only 4 trees small walk, the drive is 800' long takes me 1 1/2 hours with a 54" ztr i charge him $140 a cut.

5. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

It would be real high for around here.

6. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

i should have said this is a commerical account. and the part i am worried about is all the trimming and edgeing.

7. cgrappler135

cgrappler135 LawnSite Member

I would be around $220 for a 4 hr. lawn

8. scarr133

scarr133 LawnSite Senior Member

I have an HOA that I mow and it is 11.3 acres and it takes me about 3.5 hours with a 60 z, 52 wb, 36wb. So mowing 5 acres and the trimming around the trees would probably take me about 1.5 hours for your property. Charging $65/acre puts you at $260/mow. I charge extra for edging, at least the first time. After that, you can keep it clean with the weed eater. I charge $.75-$1/foot edging. Hope this helps

9. jmkr02

jmkr02 LawnSite Senior Member

Do You mow in the states?