1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Help Please

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jaybow, Sep 15, 2007.

1. jaybow

jaybow LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mi

Well I was wondering if there are any good samaritans who would PM me an example of a good commercial bid.I have tried asking the guys in my area and they wont even reply at all.Just trying to get some insight on how to lay it all out.And do commercial accounts usually pay monthly ,yearly,in advance or what? I would really appreciate any help.We all have to start somewhere. I have thought about designing my own but it would be nice to get some pointers from an experienced Lco.
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Where abouts are you at?
  3. jaybow

jaybow LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mi

Hi im in Taylor.I wonder if you could help me.I am the first person in my family to ever start a buisness and would love a little help with commercial bidding.I am 34 years old so im not just some kid thinking he is gonna get rich.I am as they say tired of having all my eggs in one basket.I am also tired of being used and abused in the auto industry with no job security.They closed my plant back in june and are presently useing me to train other workers in a new location where I may or may not have a job.Either way it has felt nice to do something on my own.I am striveing to learn how to make descent money at this and possibly a living.I have accumulated about 22 residentials I cut every week so I guess I have my foot in the door a little bit.I would love to pickup a couple of small commercial contracts for next year.Something like a small 2 building apartment complex.I have a couple in mind that I pass when on my routs each week.People seem to be verry tight lipped about this topic.I guess I understand a little bit but also think that alot of the guys on here are a little childish. Any light you can shed will be deeply appreciated.