1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Help price a soccer field

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NateinAtl, Aug 13, 2001.

1. NateinAtl

NateinAtl LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

I have been asked to mow a soccer field just two times. There will be no trimming, edging, or blowing. All I have to do is mow a new bermuda grass area that is 70 yards by 120 yards. For those of you that do athletic complexes, what should I charge? Just mowing with a 48" Exmark walk behind. No sulkie.

Thanks in advance. By the way, they have it contracted out begining in September to a LCO that uses reel mowers. That's fine by me. This is just a two time deal.
  2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

but, I would charge $50
  3. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Tell them $120.00 total. That is for both times. Or $60 a cut, since your only doing it 2 times.
  4. Lawnshark2

Lawnshark2 LawnSite Member

We have an account at a school in which we are contracted to do their soccer, baseball, and softball fields. We charge $65 to do the soccer field. The soccer field is roughly 3 acres and only trimming around the goal posts and corner flags. They were okay with price and we didn't think we losing our shirt on it so we went with it. Hope this helps you out.

5. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I screwed up the math...

I did 70yds. x 120yds. x 3ft. = 25,200

When I should have done...

(70x3) x (120x3) = 75,600 sq. ft.

$75.00 per cut
  6. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

working on soccer fields very often: figure 1 to 2 hours walking . i would try to get somewhere in the 60.00 range. maybe try a little higher since it will be a two cut deal.at least you will get good excercise and a nice even field to mow!!:cool: good luck
  7. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

Gonna take a little under 2 hr to do it at 2.5 MPH and 3.5ft of cut. Add your travel time and multiply by what you need per hour to make money.
  8. Turfclippings

Turfclippings LawnSite Member

i would go $75 per cut. Since it already contrated to start in Sept. your sure to get it. The reel mowers will cut nice suprise they found someone to contract that type of cutting out. The soccer field is roughly 75000 sq ft and they are fun to cut. I maintain one and cut it every 3 days. So go have some fun couldnt tell how long on a wlkbehind.
  9. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds like a good excuse to buy a velkie for your walkbehind!!!
  10. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Definately get a sulkie, velke, or pro-slide..
    That makes me tired just thinking about it.